Chiropractic Treatment Options
The doctors of chiropractic treat a wide variety of conditions including back and neck pain, headaches, sciatica, sports injuries, arm pain, leg and knee pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shoulder tendinitis, and work and automobile related injuries.
Chiropractic treatment options include:
- Specific spinal and extremity adjustments
- Physiotherapy modalities including electrical muscle stimulation, ice/heat, ultrasound and intersegmental traction.
- Advanced stretching techniques including:
- Post Isometric Relaxation (PIR)/Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Fascilitation (PNF)
- Active Tri-plane (3 planes of motion)
- Functional Exercise and “low tech” rehabilitation protocols specific to your condition
- Therapeutic Massage Therapy
- Manual muscle/soft tissue/myofascial techniques including:
- Myofascial Release
- Taping Methods utilizing kinesiotape and leukotape
- Nutritional advice and supplementation recommendations
- Custom & non-custom orthotics
In addition, the doctors at Mt. Lookout Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center are available for the following special services:
- Speaking Engagements: The doctors at Mt. Lookout Chiropractic & Sports Injury Center welcome the opportunity to speak on various health-related topics. They have spoken on topics related to healthcare for events such as:
- Career Day at local schools
- Church and charity functions
- Community Health/Wellness Expos
- Sporting Events
- Work Place/Ergonomic Conferences
If you have a need for a speaker, simply call 321-8484 to discuss the topic with one of the doctors, or you can email one of the doctors via our website.
- Group Athletic Training: Drs. Steve King and Jason Placeway welcome the opportunity to provide group instruction and training on sports injury prevention for elementary, high school, or college athletic groups.
- Mt. Lookout Chiropractic and Sports Injury Center is now offering custom fit shoe orthotics. We have teamed up with Shawn Eno (Certified Pedorthist) and his Colorado-based company, Xtreme Footwerks, to offer the Cincinnati community an excellent biomechanically based orthotic. These custom orthotics are designed to change the function of your foot, ankle, knee, hip and low back. In some cases, when treatment is not enough to change function due to orthopedic or functional problems in the lower extremity, a custom orthotic may be the key. A thorough evaluation process by Dr. Placeway is needed to evaluate a patient for orthotics therapy. The patient will be evaluated, casted, and pedigraphed by Dr. Placeway, and a walking video will be made for review by Dr. Placeway and Shawn Eno who designs and fabricates the final product. Dr. Placeway will then fit the patient and re-evaluate the patient’s progress after 2 weeks. Ask your doctor at Mt. Lookout Chiropractic if you are a candidate for orthotic therapy.